A Porch of My Own

A Porch of My Own

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mamow's Little Pitcher

When I was a little girl we lived in a duplex house with my grandparents on one side and us on the other. I spent a lot of time on my grandparents' side of the house. Mamow had a little glass pitcher in her fridge that she kept water in. It always had that refrigerator taste to the water, but I loved the little pitcher. It had a star design on the bottom.
I don't know what ever happened to hers but I looked for one like it for years every time I would go into an antique store. Once it was in a Kellogg's commercial with Tony the Tiger. I wrote to Kellogg asking where they got it, hoping I could order one. Surprisingly, they did reply to me and told me they used an ad agency and it was one of the agency's props and no one knew where it came from.







I finally found one after years of searching. It made the move to the little cabin as we have downsized. I don't keep water in it in the fridge but I always have that taste of cold refrigerator water in my mouth every time I see it or use it! And memories of my Mamow.

No comments:

Post a Comment