A Porch of My Own

A Porch of My Own

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Here's Your Sign!

I finally got the signs made for our outbuildings. Have been putting it off hoping my niece Esther would come by and I could talk her into doing it! She is the best sign maker! Mine are not the best, but at least we can direct someone to a building easier.




Used an old garden tool and iron star on this one. Hung it from an old green faucet handle.


The plow share and pitchfork came from Rickie's family place in Mississippi.








The pump house is the only building my husband lets me get close to with a bucket of paint! It is colorful. A couple of years of living in San Antonio and I was in love with the bright Fiesta colors! 


Attached a couple of old faucet handles and an old nozzle to the sign.








(Photo - pump house before the sign was added)






This was one of the first tools my husband bought many many years ago. 


I threw a handful of caliche dust on the signs to instantly age them. Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment